- Sourcing Team Process Leadership
- Strategic Sourcing
- Negotiation and Contract Management
- Process Outsourcing
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Asset Management & Investment Recovery
- BS Business Administration, Marketing, Political Science: University of Oregon
- Penn State Executive Program: Strategic Sourcing
- Michigan State: Executive Materials Management Program
- Georgia-Pacific: High Potential Leadership Development Program
- Center for Creative Leadership: Leadership Development
J. Wiley Sommerville
Transformational strategic sourcing and logistics professional with over 30 years of broad sourcing leadership experience in mid-market and Fortune 500 corporations. An accomplished negotiator and team builder with proven performance in building and leading cross functional sourcing teams in the strategic procurement of indirect and direct materials, capital equipment, corporate support and technical services.
- Strategic Sourcing/Logistics - Built corporate sourcing function saving $16 million in first two years with ongoing annual savings of 12%. Negotiated 20% decrease in core carrier LTL costs and led selection and implementation of Transportation Management System.
- Capital Project Procurement - Formed capital procurement group which generated 13% savings through disciplined focus on specification, competitive, commercial, and contractual elements.
- Goods for Resale - Created and led a results driven B2B core supplier process for a $3 billion distribution and resale spend that increased rebates to $60 million.
- Investment Recovery - Rationalized investment recovery function, returning over $5 million in cash flow annually through sale of idle and obsolete assets.
- Energy - Managed $40 million energy supply including opportunistic natural gas hedging activity, achieving lower cost volatility within budget constraints.
- MRO Storeroom - Led project to implement new MRO central storeroom at major facility, enabling working capital and cost reductions of $1 million.
- Coordinated Sourcing Teams - Established and led team process for multiple product and service categories improving total value by 6-12% each year. Negotiated key long term agreements for process chemicals including special incentives tied to internal plant production shutdown that mitigated risk while improving overall cost.
- Corporate Support Services - Led sourcing process for companywide travel services, airline and rental car agreements, company aircraft acquisition, facilities management construction services, expedited delivery services, T&E cards, office equipment, supplies and other expense categories.
- Policy/Training/Organizational Development - Developed policy and conducted training in project management, negotiations and contracts. Conducted Merchandiser/Buyer training in negotiations, process, ethics and antitrust.