Success Story - "Travel Management"
Purchasing group for private equity firms with $25 billion in capital investments across multiple industries.
Company Situation and Problem
Management companies and their portfolio companies had no common travel management supplier and expectations varied from online self service to agent assisted executive ‘high-touch’ service. Transaction fees varied widely with a high of $75 or more per transaction. No significant airline discounts existed. Minimal reporting was provided. Travel policies varied by company.
Paladin Actions & Recommendations
Working closely with the client, Paladin Associates, Inc. documented critical travel management requirements and obtained fee, air, hotel and car rental information. Paladin led a cross-business team through the RFI and RFP with the team narrowing the field from eight to three finalists. Finalists were invited for a comprehensive presentation and the team unanimously recommended the winning supplier.
- Up to 87% transaction fee savings
- Best in class pricing for strong ‘high touch’ services and for self-service online booking
- Discounts with 2 major airlines
- Black car, hotel and rental car discounts
- Best in class online booking tool
- Dedicated agent team, plus meeting planning assistance
- Travel policy review and assistance
- Unused ticket tracking
- Management reporting