Occupancy Cost Audit Services
Recover Over Charges in Facility Lease Contracts
Tap into 20 years of Real Estate experience and knowledge to audit leases to uncover errors and maximize recovery.
An Occupancy Cost Audit is a thorough review of your leases and related agreements to ensure Landlord billing compliance for rent, tax, insurance, maintenance and over 15 other related areas.
Common errors in lease arrangements include accounting for ownership expenses, capital expenditures, tenant reimbursements, “gross-up” calculations and charges for ancillary services. Paladin Associates will extend your accounting team to improve control and governance of lease payments.
- Detailed review of the landlord’s records
- Established relationships and credibility with landlords
- Detailed analysis of Annual Common Area
- Maintenance of Reconciliation reports from landlords
- Preparation of Challenge Letters to preserve audit & challenge rights into the future
- Immediate recoveries from billing errors
- Future cost savings from settlement of claims
- No direct out-of-pocket costs
- Fees are contingent upon results
- Corrections in lease billing yield benefits for years during the remaining term of the lease