Success Story - "Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers"
$1.1 Billion Diversified Mineral Company Serving U.S. and Canada
Company Situation and Problem
Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBCs) were used for diverse purposes in 6 locations across the U.S. and Canada and had not been sourced in several years.
- Previously, sourcing was completed locally or regionally rather than on a company-wide basis.
- One site had recently qualified a new supplier for their own FIBC needs.
Paladin Actions & Recommendations
Working closely with the Client, Paladin documented company-wide spend and critical requirements for FIBCs.
- Paladin then led a cross-functional team through all phases of the sourcing process, including potential supplier identification (domestic and foreign), RFI completion, pre-bid and e-Auction, using an e-sourcing tool.
- Fleet specifications were modified to delete features and options not required by the Client‘s operations.
- The team narrowed the potential supplier field after each step of the process.
- Finalists participated in an e-Auction which led to incremental savings over pre-bid pricing.
- Paladin developed and executed the supplier/product accreditation plan.
Significant double digit savings plus:
- FIBC specification documentation with standardization.
- Greater internal communication between various FIBC users at company sites.
- Benefits leveraged across the entire company, rather than at a local level.
- Increased awareness of, and willingness to work with, Client’s Centralized Sourcing Organization.
- Consolidated RFI, Pre-Bid and eAuction reporting generated by e-Sourcing tool.
- Robust accreditation process across all sites and dedicated supplier contact.